DataStaff, Inc. is seeking a Technical Writer for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients in Salem, OR
This position is remote
Our client seeks an experienced Technical Writer specializing in IT and Security Vulnerability communications. The specialist will play a critical link between technical teams, security teams, and the broader agency staff. They will play a key role in conveying IT initiatives, sharing compliance reports, and security measures to agency leadership and various technical teams.
- Writes, edits, and packages a variety of technical documents, including proposals, articles, brochures, reports and manuals.
- Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
- Works under immediate supervision and usually reports to a supervisor.
- Individual with demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining technical documentation, requirements analysis, business process models, architecture diagrams.
- Exceptionally proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Visio.
- Is able ability to perform technical, research, and has solid analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Individuals in this position may also possess other related skills, such as proficiency in the use of software team collaboration environments, such as IBM Rational Jazz or Microsoft’s Team Architect.
IT and Security Communication Strategy:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for IT initiatives and security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with IT and security teams to create communication plans aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather insights for impactful communication.
- Craft clear and concise communications for internal audiences, including emails, communication templates, newsletters, intranet articles, and presentations.
- Simplify technical jargon and security terminology to make information accessible to non-technical staff.
Security Vulnerability Alerts:
- Create and distribute timely alerts and updates about security vulnerabilities, keeping employees informed of potential risks.
- Collaborate with IT and security teams to ensure accurate and actionable information.
- Proven experience as a Communications Specialist with a focus on IT and security communications.
- Strong understanding of IT concepts and security vulnerabilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical information into easy-to-understand content.
- Experience in cybersecurity communications is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- 4 – 6 Years – Presentation skills
- 4 – 6 Years – Communication skills both verbal and written
- 4 – 6 Years – Learning ability
- 4 – 6 Years – Team work
- 4 – 6 Years – Windows 9x/2000/XP/NT/Vista/7
This opportunity is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.