DataStaff, Inc is in immediate need of a Readiness Liaison for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients located in Durham, NC
*Extensive statewide travel up to 80% of the time is required in the performance of the work for this position. Travel may include some evenings and weekend days.
- Provide on-site support for county department users as they learn the Case Management System.
- Use policy subject matter expertise regarding Child Welfare Services programs and the knowledge of FAST functionality, as well as understanding of how counties provide delivery of services to effectively assist counties with change management.
- Guide new users in correct navigation and entering of case data in the system.
- Uses excellent written and verbal skills to effectively coach and communicate information as well as to escalate issues to management as they arise.
- This role may coordinate with other business teams and project team members to troubleshoot, replicate, and report errors and/or unexpected outcomes within the system.
- Acts as an integral part of Readiness and Implementation Support initiatives to facilitate meetings, conferences, and other activities to advocate for and foster effective communication and maintain communication with state and county staff to clarify statutory, policy, and procedural concerns impacting or related to Child Welfare Services.
- 3 Years – Demonstrated working knowledge base of technical requirements, program requirements and business needs in county departments of social services
- 3 Years – Demonstrated working knowledge of/ability to interpret rules, procedures and policies with an emphasis on NC child welfare law, policy, and procedures
- 3 Years – Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant information associated with child welfare practice, policy, law, and rules
- 3 Years – Ability to collect, review and interpret data effectively to ensure stakeholder and agency objectives are met
- 3 Years – Ability to think analytically and engage in active problem-solving.
- 3 Years – Ability to work systematically and logically to resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate both expected and unexpected results
- 3 Years – Demonstrated above average written and oral communication skills including correct grammar, vocabulary, and terminology for effective communication
- 3 Years – Ability to plan and organize large volumes of work in an organized, detailed, and results driven manner both in a team and individually
- 3 Years – Demonstrated above average relationship building and retention skills with both internal and external partners
- 2 Years – Significant proficiency in NC FAST navigation, application development and capacity for system analysis to support user enrichment and strategic plans
This opportunity is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.