IT Project Manager
DataStaff, Inc. is seeking an IT Project Manager for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients in the Charlotte, NC area.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for business-critical systems implementation projects ensuring that projects are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables. The IT Project Manager manages all phases of service/product delivery including analysis and design, configuration/build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project resources (including partners/subcontractors), project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
- Defines project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development/implementation initiatives
- Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related management and technical duties
- Assigns and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle. Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Identifies, clarifies and communicates project vision, goals and objectives and how these ties into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives
- Manage scope throughout the project duration. Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports
- Manages and tracks financials and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
- Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science, IS/IT, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and or training.
- 3-5+ years of IT Project Management experience including implementation and upgrades of business-critical systems.
- Experience working with technical systems support professionals, e.g. project managers, business system and application analyst, network administrators, database administrators, and application developers.
- Must have experience with MS Project.
- Must have experience with Waterfall.
- High level Agile experience is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability communicate appropriately with persons possessing a different level of technology aptitude or skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong abilities in negotiation, persuasion, motivation, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and provide recommendations on business and systems processes and procedures.
- A high level of systems application and data structure knowledge.
- Knowledge of Information Technology best practices, standards, and terminology.
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months