User Experience Designer
DataStaff is in need of a User Experience Designer for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients in Durham, NC
*This position will require compliance with any COVID-19 vaccination policies that are promulgated by DataStaff, Inc.’s client and/or state and local laws.
Our client seeks a User Experience Designer with a keen eye for detail to craft highly engaging and intuitive data visualization experiences across reporting tools and technologies using a unique design thinking and execution methodologies.
- Deliver simple and representative data effectively in engaging forms.
- Use Visual Experience design with a focus on functionality, capture user emotions, and brand with the Wow Factor.
- Perform user research, usability testing, electronic and paper prototyping, interaction design and data visualization to create design deliverables appropriate to the project including flows, diagrams, mockups, interactive prototypes, specs, assets for stakeholders, validation with users and engineering teams
- Participate in development of definitions and documentation for the User Experience style guide patterns and behaviors
- Create wireframe layouts for pages that present content and functionality with intuitive clarity and balance
- Working with user research to aid to validate design hypothesis and analyze and apply to user-centric design solutions
- 5 years – Experience in User Experience Design role.
- 5 years – Demonstrated experience using visual design, UI, 2-clicks and UX principles.
- 5 years – Strong understanding and hands-on experience with material design principles and micro-interactions.
- 4 years – Strong experience and understanding of color theory, image composition, and typography.
- Excellent time management skills
- 5 years – Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats.
- 4 years – Demonstrated attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- 4 years – Experience with design frameworks and visual design software.
- 4 years – Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Sketch.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of non-designers to make complex things simple.
- 3 years – Demonstrated success and a portfolio of strong creative work.
- 4 years – Experience working in low-code to no platforms such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Tableau, and Power BI.
This opportunity is available on a corp-to-corp basis or as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months