DataStaff, Inc. is in immediate need of an SSI Advocate for one of our direct clients in the Milwaukee, WI area for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Please note: This position is mostly remote but must be able to go into office once a week. Must have a professional working space, free from distractions and interruptions. Will need to have high-speed internet. Equipment provided.
The role of the SSI Advocate is to work with ongoing case managers to identify children in the foster care system who may be eligible for SS benefits.
- The individual will investigate potential cases, determine disabling conditions based on Social Security Administration (SSA) criteria, prepare applications to support filing for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits and compile supporting paperwork for SSA
- File on-line initial applications with SSA and follow up on applications submitted
- Complete and submit Continuing Disability Reviews (CDRs) timely
- Submit, to supervisor, first level appeals for denied initial SSI applications
- Maintain a file for each child that has been referred and approved for SSI benefits
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and county agencies via phone and email
- Complete weekly and monthly reports timely
- Preferred Bachelor Degree from an accredited college
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Detail Oriented
- Organized and Efficient
- Adaptability to change in policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well with others
- Submit 15 initial SSI/CDR applications during the first three months (average of 5 each month) of your joining the staff.
- Submit, during your second three months, a minimum of 21 initial SSI/CDR applications (average of 7 per month) and an approval rating of 50% of application decisions made by Disability Determination Bureau (DDB) during that quarter.
- Submit, starting with your third three-month period and going forward, a minimum of 10 applications per month or 30 initial SSI/CRD applications per quarter and an approval rating of 50% of application decisions made by DDB during that quarter.
- Complete and submit to the SSA by due date.
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.