Sr. Finance and Accounting Admin
DataStaff is in immediate need of a Sr. Finance and Accounting Admin for one of our direct clients in the Queens, NY area for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
This position will require compliance with any COVID-19 vaccination policies that are promulgated by DataStaff, Inc.’s client and/or state, and local laws.
- Prepare, process, and deliver invoices and payments timely following generally accepted principles and approved company guidelines
- Assist with any payment issues, questions, or problems regarding invoices
- Perform research into any payment objections and present them to leadership for determination of actionable steps
- Prepare and validates financial reports, as needed
- Place orders for supplies and other items, as needed
- Manage FedEx shipping and tracking. Perform research into any returned mail and ensure that any correspondence is resent timely
- Assist with Month-End Close and prepare monthly accruals and invoices
- Perform weekly MetroCard reconciliation and address inaccuracies
- Prepare monthly MetroCard audit and transportation reports
- Perform monthly Gift Card reconciliation
- Review sub-contractor invoices and ensure accuracy
- Prepare cost reimbursement invoices and collect support documentation
- Review and upload cost reimbursement support files to clients
- Prepare and submit post-payment support documentation files
- Update cost reimbursement payment tracker
- Update subcontractor payments to the payment portal
- Apply payments to appropriate invoices
- Perform research for unidentified payments for payment to be applied to the correct account.
- Assist with refund approval, rejection, and void process
- Maintain invoice tracker and other transaction records
- Assist with credit card reporting and ensure proper recording of transactions
- Perform comparisons between data presented in various forms and input information into the accounting system
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or in a similar field or 4+ years of related work experience
- Proven work experience as a finance administrator or similar
- Excellent Excel and data management skills
- Practical experience with accounting /ERP software
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.