Senior BI/Reporting Analyst
DataStaff, Inc. is seeking a Senior BI/Reporting Analyst for a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in the Raleigh, NC area.
The Senior BI/Reporting Analyst is a key leading member of the Financial Services. This position will be responsible for the following scope: Data and Reporting – Preparation and distribution of various internal financial statements to management, maintenance of the organization’s general ledger and ad hoc analysis.
- Manage Business Intelligence Platform (“Power BI”) production deliverables throughout the year; Determine and implement changes to streamline delivery processes.
- Coordinates activities of Financial Reporting function, working closely with accounting and property owners to deliver needed information on a timely basis.
- Acts as liaison between the Accounting and Information Technology departments
- Manages reporting system critical data elements as related to property, organizational and other key inputs that drive the functionality of Power BI
- Assists in on-going support of analytical and business reporting processes and system support for electronic data transfers
- Creates reports on corporate and property metrics, acquisitions, private and institutional investor reporting, client reporting, etc.
- Prepare financial analysis and review of business plans, budgets and forecasts against actual results for executive meetings and client reviews
- Ensures quality control in the implementation of systems and software to automate reporting
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience; a minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience of financial modeling experience.
- He or she must demonstrate the ability to utilize an array of Business Intelligence visualization and reporting tools, especially Power BI (5+ years)
- Expert knowledge of DAX (5+ years)
- Expert knowledge/experience with setting up security, managing workspaces, data flows in Power BI (both desktop and Power BI service) (5+ years)
- Expert Knowledge of Usage Metrics in Power BI (3+ years)
- Experience in Power Query and M language (5+ years)
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required, as well as general knowledge of other Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Experience with MS Azure (3+ years)
- Good understanding of Data Architecture (5+ years)
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience with DevOps/DataOps (5+ years)
- Building and managing Excel Power Pivot
- Experience with advanced financial modeling tools
- Experience with version control like TFS or Git (5+ years)
- Experience with CI/CD process using Azure DevOps (3+ years)
- Good knowledge and experience with ETL technologies – SSIS, Azure Data Factory (1+ years)
- Knowledge of MS Power Suite (Power Automate, Power Pages, Dataverse, Sharepoint) (1+ years)
- Experience in BI, Data Warehousing with SQL Server (2+ years)
- Experience in SSAS Cubes (3+ years)
- Experience with Predictive Analytics
- Experience in migrating Power BI models and data from SSAS cube source to dimensional modeling data (5+ years)
- Candidate must be a strong communicator and be comfortable dealing with clients at all levels.
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package.