Remote Java/Web Development Manager
DataStaff, Inc is seeking a Remote Java/Web Development Manager for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our direct clients.
This position will require compliance with any COVID-19 vaccination policies that are promulgated by DataStaff, Inc.’s client and/or federal, state, and local laws.
- Manage Web development team through the full project lifecycle (Project management lifecycle -PMLC and Software Development Lifecycle – SDLC), for Releases and Special Projects, following established corporate project management processes and methodologies to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time, within budget, adhering to high quality standards, adhering to security and privacy requirements, utilizing appropriate IT standards, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Works with the MSPSC PMO Manager to facilitate the ongoing CMMI ML3 certification process.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors the project schedule of all assigned releases and special projects.
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work and financial and business development activities.
- Supervises assigned engineers and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
- Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Takes responsibility for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to software engineers.
- Stays abreast of relevant technologies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical and conceptual capabilities.
- Exemplary management skills to work with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to define and implement operational processes.
- Extensive experience with project management tools (i.e., MS Project, Project Workbench, Visio, etc.).
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proficient with the Windows operating environment and applications, such as MS Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce technical and non-technical business documents.
- Effective business development skills including proposal development and preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5+ years of Java/Web Development experience.
- 10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge in developing & managing complex Web and Server based applications.
- Extensive experiencing developing & managing Java and/or .NET development projects.
- Solid understanding of application server environments (WebSphere preferred) and experience working collaboratively with infrastructure teams to deliver high performing systems.
- Proven ability to direct one or more project teams and coordinate with one or more clients and their teams through the project life cycle.
- Proven ability to coordinate deliverables and dependencies with other groups.
- Experience with managing projects effectively, on time and budget.
- Proven ability to identify resource needs, perform quality review, and escalate functional, quality, and timeliness issues appropriately.
- Extensive knowledge of and expertise in project management tools, principles and methodologies.
- Professional certification (PMP).
- Familiarity with all aspects of CMS SDLC.
- Familiarity with CMS Technical Reference Architecture (TRA).
- Experience with AWS.
- Medicare Program knowledge specifically related to Medicare secondary payment and/or coordination of benefits.
This opportunity is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401K program available for employees after 6 months.