OSS Administrative Assistant
DataStaff is in immediate need of an OSS Administrative Assistant for one of our direct clients in the Milwaukee, WI area for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
NOTE: This is a hybrid position and candidates must reside near Milwaukee and have reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s License to perform care center visits.
It requires you to have a professional, quiet workspace, free from distractions with high-speed hard-wired ethernet internet capability.
- Provide administrative support to the Ongoing Services Section (OSS) staff, including the Section Manager and Program and Policy Analysts.
- Creation of documents, forms, etc.
- Creation of spreadsheets and tracking mechanisms for contracts and other programs.
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases that track reports and other programmatic information.
- Take notes during large group and contract meetings for DMCPS programs and projects.
- Participate in on-site visits with out-of-home care facilities by scheduling, note taking, and completing documentation of visit with the assigned Contract Administrator.
- Participation in special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform accurately all data entry functions.
- Arrange meetings as needed for Ongoing Services Section staff with DMCPS/DCF employees or outside entities.
- Understand broad knowledge of departmental and company practices to assist leadership team and staff while exercising judgment on critical nature of information and confidentiality.
- Maintain records management, filing, retention, and/or labeling.
- Type/generate letters and other documents, as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all relevant information.
- Assist internal and external customers in problem resolution, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted – practice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate complex information, using job experience to anticipate and proactively address related questions.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- This position requires a small percentage (less than 10%) of travel within Milwaukee County. May require minimal out-of-county travel and overnight stays dependent upon duties, which is reimbursable to employee.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.