DataStaff is in immediate need of a Office Assistant for one of our direct clients in the Rensselaer, NY area for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
This role will be ONSITE
- Receive mail cart and/or overnight boxes; stack envelopes, open mail, sort contents, and screen for complete and valid information
- Assemble invoices into specific units; label/identify all receipts with required information including date received, identify receipts to be forwarded to other operational departments or USPS and place in designated location
- Remove invoices failing screening criteria from work flow and prepare reject letters/envelopes with required information for return to the provider
- Prepare acceptable documents for scanning, including placing documents in specific sequence and insertion of patch separator sheets
- Assign batch numbers and prepare batch headers for scanned documents using batch reservation process
- Operate high volume scanning equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform various manual tasks related to the enrollment of health care providers in the New York State Medicaid program
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in a high volume fast paced production environment
- Must be able to lift items weighing as much as 35 pounds and be able to sit or stand for extended periods
- Must be proficient with using various MS Windows based pc applications
- Experience with operating high volume scanning equipment and software is desired
This opportunity is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401K program available for employees after 6 months.