DataStaff, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients in Raleigh, NC.
*This position will require compliance with any COVID-19 vaccination policies that are promulgated by DataStaff, Inc.’s client and/or state and local laws.
*This position is hybrid; 2 days onsite/3 days remote
- Provides support, installation, security, testing, and maintenance of the network infrastructure including Cisco and Dell switches, intrusion detection devices, firewalls, wireless and layer 2/3 devices.
- Includes enterprise network planning, high-level troubleshooting, security, and network system administration.
- Serves as a specialist for network products and services and researches new technology and additions for improvement to the network or other technology solutions for the clinical and business areas of the facilities.
- Performs analysis to develop specifications and scripts to automate security and other technology functions.
- Administration of network hardware and software, servers, data protection/backup (on-premise and cloud) and security systems inclusive of Cisco ASA (adaptive security appliance) firewall, wireless devices, Active Directory identity & access management, domain policy management.
- A large portion of the work will be focused on firewall configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, etc. but there will also be some Layer 2/3 hands-on network implementation/configuration work as projects are scheduled.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Firewall Rule Review and Implementation using Cisco ASA firewalls and Palo Alto NGFW.
- Experience with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitoring.
- PCSAE, PCCSE, & PCNSE
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Administrator
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer
- CCNP Security Certification
- Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)
- Nexus 9300 Platform experience (VDC/VPC/VXLAN)
- Candidate must be local (able to travel to Dix Campus as needed) and should have reliable transportation.
- 1 Year – Experience with ServiceNow ticketing and documentation.
- Experience with Layer 2/3, SNMPv3, TACACS, STP, Cisco Catalyst Switch network support.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Cisco ISE.
- 5 Years – Data Center experience with certifications in CCNP Data Center
- 5 Years – Experience for Cisco Catalyst Network Switches
- 2 Years – AWS Experience: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- 10 Years – 5-10 years of firewall experience. Certifications in Security Cisco ASA / Palo Alto NGFW highly preferred.
- Certifications in Security Cisco ASA / Palo Alto NGFW
This position is available on a corp-to-corp basis or as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.