Market Development Manager
DataStaff is seeking a Market Development Manager for a direct-hire opportunity for one of our clients in the Durham, NC area.
- The Market Development Manager will play a key role in the future direction of the of the Orthopedic Trauma specialty line. The Market Development Manager will support continued profitable growth, diversification outside of the current concentration in spine and, expansion of relevant core competencies within the company. The individual in this role reports to the Vice President – Business Development. The Market Development Manager will provide competent clinical and technical support to medical professionals and agent representatives in key development geographies as a driver of market development plans.
- Ability to travel up to 80 percent of the time
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of field focused strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales; identifies volume and strategic customers; and develops key partnerships
- Works closely with Marketing, Development, and Commercial teams to support procedures involving the Orthopedic Trauma specialty.
- Aligns regularly with Marketing and Sales Leadership to achieve strategic company objectives.
- Actively participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements for product portfolios
- Develops and manages direct relationships with Key Opinion Leader (KOL)’s, consultants and surgeons, to maximize portfolio adoption, including surgical case coverage, in-person and remote communications and interactions
- Assists Sales Agents, Surgeons, Operating Room Personnel, and Biomedical Departments with collection and dissemination of market-provided feedback.
- Actively participates in field-based core and advanced training to agents, field representatives and employees.
- Actively participates in development programs focused on surgeon and sales relationship building / management.
- Continuously increases knowledge of new developments within the assigned market as well as our products to perform as a subject matter expert.
- Participates in company and industry events such as sales meetings, seminars, training programs, conventions, trade shows, etc. as requested.
- Executes post case Field Evaluations of local sales representative to drive professional development
- Creates, delivers, drives, and supports strategically defined field based sales training initiatives on strategic accounts
- Drives appropriate information on new product developments, new competitive products and selling strategies, and current applicable medical literature to the sales force
- Maintains all current certifications and vendor hospital credentialing.
- Adheres to written procedures for troubleshooting and support of our products.
- Provides prompt and accurate complaint reports per the quality system requirements.
- Completes required administrative duties such as activity logs, travel reports, expense reports, etc. per established policies and procedures.
- Participate in process to provide best-fit alternative options to expand current core competencies. This will include the generation of intelligence derived by gathering and analyzing information by attending seminars, tradeshows, undertaking web research, compiling sales and customer input.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The Market Development Manager can expect regular overnight travel. As with most externally focused sales positions, the individual in this role should expect that a large percentage of their time would be spent outside the company. This individual needs to be flexible with extending hours and days of work, when necessary, to meet the needs of customers and associates at Res.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Experience in development, implementation and successful execution of plans to generate new business in targeted market segments and prospects
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Smartsheet, HubSpot, Slack, and other internet-based platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Component part & assembly print reading skills
- A pragmatic, energetic, self-starting and highly motivated achiever
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team focused environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly ethical in their interactions
- Ability to discern key customer objections & intentions and, corresponding development of strategies to achieve business closure
- Ability to persevere when faced with obstacles
- Able to build and cultivate superior relationships with internal and external contacts
- Detail oriented, organized and self-assured
- Exceptional demonstrated technical skills and the ability to learn and apply knowledge regarding the orthopedic trauma space
- Strong aptitude for visualizing and conceptualizing future market, prospect, and account needs and trends
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package.