Mailroom/Data Capture Clerk
DataStaff is in immediate need of a Mailroom/Data Capture Clerk for one of our direct clients in Rensselaer, NY for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
NOTE: This is on-site.
As a Mailroom/Data Capture Clerk you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Office Assistant I joining our team to provide clerical support for the processing of healthcare-related documents.
- Under minimal supervision performs data entry of source documents into a computer database. Involves both key from paper and key from image technologies
- Ability to move between multiple document types and different software systems will be required.
- Maintain a total machine time in excess of seven hours
- Consistently maintain an acceptable error rate
- Receive mail cart and/or overnight boxes; stack envelopes, open mail, sort contents, and screen for complete and valid information
- Assemble invoices into specific units; label/identify all receipts with required information including date received, identify receipts to be forwarded to other operational departments or USPS and place in designated location
- Remove invoices failing screening criteria from work flow and prepare reject letters/envelopes with required information for return to the provider
- Prepare acceptable documents for scanning, including placing documents in specific sequence and insertion of patch separator sheets
- Assign batch numbers and prepare batch headers for scanned documents using batch reservation process
- Operate high volume scanning equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform various manual tasks related to the enrollment of health care providers in the New York State Medicaid program
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years of related experience
- Must possess manual skill and be able to operate an alpha/numeric keyboard
- Be self-motivated working independently to meet daily goals
- Must be able to lift items weighing as much as 35 pounds and be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be proficient with using various MS Windows based pc applications
- Experience with operating high-volume scanning equipment and software is desired
- Ability to key data at 10,000 Keystrokes Per Hour, experience in a high-volume Data Capture environment is a plus
This opportunity is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401K program available for employees after 6 months.