IT Service Desk Analyst
DataStaff, Inc. is seeking an IT Service Desk Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our direct clients in Raleigh, NC
Job Profile Summary:
The position provides technology support to regional and corporate offices via telephone, email, instant messaging, remote connection, and face to face interaction. The position triages request for support, provides solutions when appropriate, and escalates remaining support requests to upper tier resources. The position maintains a work order tracking system by entering and organizing work tickets according to workflow procedures.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with end-users to understand their support requests
- Provide initial technology support to regional and corporate offices on: Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS devices, Microsoft Office Suite, Computer Hardware Printers/Copiers
- Provide application support
- Provide assistance with user passwords for a variety of resources
- Escalate support requests to upper tier resources when appropriate
- Enter, organize, and track technology work tickets
- Be a user advocate by leveraging the ticket tracking system to communicate resolution delays to the appropriate resources
- Collaborate with and assist the rest of the IT team
- Perform other assigned duties not defined above.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone presence
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and management of Desktop Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows 7 and MacOS.
- Basic IP/Networking Skills
- Knowledge of configuration and management of mobile devices and Active Sync (iOS and Android)
- Ability to manage Active Directory accounts and passwords (password resets, account unlocks)
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and use of the Microsoft Office suite
Education and Background:
- Associate degree or better in a technology related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience preferred
- HDI, A+ and/or other technology certifications preferred
This opportunity is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401K program available for employees after 6 months.