Infrastructure Project Manager
DataStaff is currently seeking a qualified Infrastructure Project Manager for a contract opportunity in the Raleigh, NC area.
The Infrastructure Project Manager position is responsible for leading medium to large complex technical projects from inception to closing. This position also has responsibilities for planning, executing, and finalizing infrastructure projects according to a strict deadline, within budget. This position must have strong project management experience with enterprise-wide HW/SW installation, field deployment standup data center infrastructure to support customers' requirements and applications development teams. Must be a team player with good negotiation skills and have a take charge mindset.
- Coordinate all activities related to a project and be the focal point for all communications, status, and schedules for multiple concurrent IT projects.
- Manage projects of all sizes through intake, initiation, planning, manage and monitor, execution and closing while managing the constraints of cost, time, resources, scope, and quality.
- Lead the planning and implementation of cloud migrations and related projects for multiple project teams.
- Oversee the overall planning, coordination, execution, and completion of assigned projects and strategic initiatives.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Define, develop, and execute project plans specifying goals, strategy, resources, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans according in collaboration with the PMO methodology and process, ensuring project goals are met on time and on budget.
- Manage and negotiate all requests for change order.
- Work with stakeholders to gather and manage the business requirements migrations from on-premise data center to cloud environment.
- Data center infrastructure project experience (from SOW/initiation, through execution & closing – including testing & DR familiarity).
- Cloud, preferably for Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Amazon Managed Services (AMS) project experience.
- Managed projects for the migration of data from on-prem to cloud environments like AWS or Azure.
- Familiarity with Active Directory (AD), software licenses & certifications, and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Understands information security concepts (antivirus, encryption, SSO, MFA).
- Experienced managing risks, issues, and reporting.
- Uses project management methodology, practices good documentation and note taking.
- Possess strong work ethic, shows self-management, dedication, and teamwork.
- Data center fundamentals to include on-premise servers, VMWare, storage, networking, and wireless networking fundamentals to include WANs, LANs technologies (i.e. routers, switches, access points, etc.)
- Network infrastructure.
- Data center operations and business applications development and support.
- Managing and coordinating work between operations and development teams.
- Communicating effectively orally and in written form.
- Large scale network migration projects.
- Data center infrastructure migration to AZURE and AWS.
- Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Be a technical leader that can drive project processes and technical projects to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship within and outside the Infrastructure teams.
- Effectively communicate project scope, status, and issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects efforts of various sizes.
- Build comprehensive projects schedules with critical path; manage project scope, costs, and timelines.
- Handle risk and issue management, mitigation, and escalation.
Highly Desired Skills:
- 6 Years – Cloud, preferably for Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Amazon Managed Services (AMS) project experience.
- 6 Years – Familiarity with Active Directory (AD), software licenses & certifications, and Domain Name System (DNS).
- 6 Years – Data center infrastructure project experience (from SOW/initiation, through execution & closing – including testing & DR familiarity).
- 6 Years – Decision-making; risk management analysis; managing projects and teams; project management software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- 6 Years – SharePoint experience.
- 6 Years – Prepare and present reports clearly and concisely in both oral and written form; facilitate communication within teams and extended project teams.
- 6 Years – Provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to project team members; coordinate actions of team members and resolve conflicts.
- 6 Years – Ability to work in a fasted-pace environment.
- 6 Years – Possess strong work ethic, shows self-management, dedication, and teamwork.
- 6 Years – Experienced managing risks, issues and reporting.
This opportunity is available on a corp-to-corp basis or as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.