Epic Principal Trainer
DataStaff, Inc. is currently seeking an Epic Principal Trainer for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients in Raleigh, NC.
*This position is hybrid, some onsite work will be required
Experienced Epic-credentialed Principal Trainer (PT) needed for clinical end user, super user, and train-the-trainer training. Candidate must have or obtain credentials required for assigned Epic applications:
EpicCare Inpatient – ClinDoc (including Secure Chat & Rover), Clinical Case Management, Behavioral Health, Long-Term Care, Order Entry including Provider Documentation
- Developing role-based training content, independently or with team members, using a variety of software programs, tools, and applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Designing, developing and maintaining instructional materials.
- Maintaining policy and procedure documentation.
- Incorporating feedback from others into existing training and training administration procedures
- Learning new content and consulting with subject matter experts to develop training materials and answer any participant questions.
- Assisting with building and testing of training environments (MST environments), and providing support and troubleshooting issues.
- Collaborating with other trainers by co-facilitating classroom instruction and assisting with exercises as needed.
- Preparing training lessons, printing materials, and setting up the training room and environment prior to the training session.
- Presenting information verbally and in writing in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
- Following up with trainees outside of the classroom to offer additional support.
- Serving as an expert educator to state staff.
- Training and credentialing additional classroom trainers as needed (train-the-trainer).
- Training staff and end users by teaching technical topics as needed.
- Managing application assignments by prioritizing assignments and by creating and adhering to timelines.
- 3 Years – Epic Principal Trainer Experience
- Credentialed in EpicCare Inpatient – ClinDoc (including Secure Chat & Rover), Clinical Case Management, Behavioral Health, Long-Term Care, Orders
- 5 Years – EHR/Health IT training experience
- Ability to work without close supervision, taking ownership of work activities, & ensuring training sessions & materials meet Epic's standards
- 3 Years – Skill and experience in adult education, especially for health information technology or healthcare revenue cycle applications
- Demonstrating flexibility with respect to required changes in training content and delivery methods
- The ability to see things in an open-minded way and examine an idea or concept from as many angles as possible
- Demonstrated abiilty to take ownership of work activities &ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and timely
- Ability to learn new content and leverage that knowledge to develop strong training programs.
- Being cooperative and approachable and taking time to listen to and address others' questions or concerns
- 3 Years – Develops presentations & presents in a clear & interesting manner, commanding the audience's attention, & handling questions/challenges.
- Ability to read text, identify major points, make inferences, and draw conclusions that accurately reflect the material
- 3 Years – Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely to trainers and trainees when speaking and in writing, adjusting materials to audience
- Has a strong work ethic willingness to put forth extra effort when required, including demonstrating persistence in the face of obstacles/adversity
- 3 Years – Experience performing job shadowing
Highly Desired Skill:
- 3 Years – Credentialed and/or experienced in developing the Epic training environments.
This position is available on a corp-to-corp basis or as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.