Data Platform Infrastructure Lead
DataStaff, Inc. is currently seeking a Data Platform Infrastructure Lead to fill a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients in Raleigh, NC.
This position will require compliance with any COVID-19 vaccination policies that are promulgated by DataStaff, Inc.’s client and/or state, and local laws.
*The job will be on-site
- Work with CDO leadership and staff to define strategic and tactical direction for the Data Office to develop and maintain necessary infrastructure for data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis
- Manage a team of technical staff
- Identify opportunities for process automation across business units with focus on DHHS strategic plan areas
- Meet with business unit staff to understand pain points and how DO might assist, or suggest directions for them to pursue on their own
- Stay up to date on new technologies and products in the field of data and information technology
- Liaise to maintain awareness of DIT capabilities, services, and opportunities for synergy
- Evaluate areas and use cases for data modernization, e.g. use of APIs
- Stay up to date on data-related federal rules and guidance, e.g. data standards, interoperability, information blocking, etc.
- Coordinate with other Data Office leads to align on how infrastructure works together with, and enables, Data Governance, Reporting, and Analytics
- Coordinate with staff to promote and ensure IT best practices
- Coordinate with staff to maintain awareness of initiative on both sides across multiple business areas
- 5 years- Familiarity with modern data infrastructure tools and platforms, e.g. relational databases, NOSQL databases, data warehousing, Data Lakes
- 5 years- Programming experience
- 5 years- Experience developing, maintaining, and/or using APIs
- 5 years- Past experience managing a team
- 5 years- Experience with agile development and the software development life cycle
- 5 years- Masters or higher in informatics, computers science, data science, or related field preferred. 10+ years of experience.
- 5 years- Past experience in deployment of an enterprise data and analytics platform
- 5 years- Experience with health and human services data, including clinical, research, public health, and/or human services.
This opportunity is available on a corp-to-corp basis or as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.