Agile Project Manager
DataStaff, Inc is in immediate need of an Agile Project Manager for a long-term contract opportunity with one of our direct clients located in Durham, NC.
*The selected candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
- Provide project management using agile practices and principles for various Project(s) and product(s).
- Advises the teams as well as leadership on agile processes, procedures, values, and interactions as well as opportunities for continuous improvement and strives in enabling teams to become self-organizing, cross-functional, and accountable while assisting them to achieve their development goals, removing impediments, and resolving issues outside of the team's control.
- Facilitate prioritization and planning of efforts for one or more products to a high standard.
- Must be coachable and know how to work with Product Owners/Managers, Scrum/flow Masters, and Stakeholders
- Work as a good team player based on Agile principle to enable understanding, learning and behaviors that drives customer and business value.
- Provide scrum/flow master support to assigned team(s), understand technical need of team efforts
- Authoring all project management artifacts following the practices and guidelines from the PMI’s PMBOK or Scaled Agile
- Help develop project budget/resource/ timeline planning
- Monitoring expenditures, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained
- Conduct formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders, ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted
- Help developing Federally required documents as requested, and status documents.
- 10 Years – Strong organization and analytical thinking skills with experience preparing Project plan for complex business needs.
- 5 Years – Strong experience in understanding and implementation of Agile values, principles, and practices (i.e., Kanban, Scrum)
- 7 Years – Development of business/functional requirements, RFI’s, RFP’s, Federal level reporting documentation and systems analysis.
- 10 Years – Strong hands-on experience with tools like MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- 5 Years – Experience in business planning, program management, project management in multi-platform environments.
- 7 Years – Strong experience using risk and business impact analysis and reporting skills.
- 5 Years – Experience managing, maintaining, and analyzing data to derive meaningful and actionable insights about the program/project.
- 7 Years – Experience working with stakeholders for backlog item prioritization, grooming, and understanding of epic/stories/tasks.
- 7 Years – Experience in gaining buy-in and support from stakeholders.
- 7 Years – Experience with work breakdown and estimation, sprint planning, monitoring progress and removing impediments to deliver solutions for business needs.
- 2 Years – Experience with JIRA to create/enhance dashboards, monitor progress of sprint/work flow, and providing statuses in timely manner.
- 2 Years – Hand-on experience in software development and debugging using programming language like Java or .Net/C# etc.
- 2 Years- Hands-on SQL experience in relational database like Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Certified Scrum Master or Kanban certification.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices.
This opportunity is available on a corp-to-corp basis or as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.