Adoptions Records Search Associate
DataStaff is in immediate need of an Adoptions Records Search Associate for one of our direct clients in the Madison, WI area for a contract to hire opportunity.
- Perform Adoptions Records Search activities to ensure prompt, efficient responses to applicants, courts, legal counsel, and governmental agencies.
- Oversee a system of handling a high volume of mail and phone inquiries from applicants, agencies, and other members of the public.
- Review client request for access to adoption records to determine statutory eligibility, fees, and authority for the release of records and information.
- Prioritize records, handling tasks to ensure that a large variety and volume of incoming records materials are carefully logged into client system and high priority tasks are complete first.
- Oversee the activities of adoption search activities relating to the creation of new assignments, updates to existing records or cases, tracking of case status completion of correspondence, and prompt case closure duties.
- Coordinate with section and bureau staff on the receipt of fees received for the search program and tracking of outstanding invoices.
- Perform functions of a notary public for the Adoption Services Unit
- Coordinate the collection and data entry of birth, public and private adoption records, in accordance with the Wisconsin statutes, administrative codes, and departmental policy.
- Review and enter pertinent information from daily mail receipts into the databases with complete accuracy.
- Upload documents into the Pre-Adoptive Case in the client system, entering and maintaining accurate Affidavit information in Grand Search, and processing adoption files from adoption agencies that are closing into the Central Birth Registry.
- Assist on projects and programs as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in purging of closed cases and/or unnecessary documentation contained in adoption case files. Ensure destruction of all documentation and/or case files are completed in accordance with existing DCF Records Retention schedules.
- Act as lead worker when staff are used to assist in filing, preparation, purging and microfilming of adoption case files.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Highly Organized.
- Experience in an office setting.
- Strong attention to detail and respect for confidential information.
- General computer experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel is preferred.
- Work independently.
- Good organization skills.
- Good customer service skills via email and telephone calls.
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff, Inc. offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.